Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Search for the Egg, Part 2

Entry 1: 

It took me a few weeks, but I made it back home. My friends laughed at my tale of woe, but good naturedly offered to resupply me to attempt once again to find the egg.

Entry 2 (King of Clubs - You spend a week fortifying a lair for a male dragon):

I set off early this morning, after spending the night with my parents. I knew to avoid the path with the landslide, so I made it much further than the hunting cottage. As I was about to look for a good place to spend the night, I rounded the corner and found a large red summer dragon stretched out on the path. 

"I saw you leaving the sanctuary this morning," he yawned, showing his large, sharp teeth. "I wonder if you might help me?"

"What do you need?" I was nervous, as I'd never been this close to a dragon so large before. 

His eyes glinted in amusement at my discomfort. "I wonder if  you might help me with my lair?"

We set off at once, the dragon graciously letting me ride his back. His lair was on a cliff-side which to my mind was quite secure. But the dragon wanted my help arranging dead-falls that he could light on fire - what I first thought was an impassable cliff actually had some fairly treacherous paths that someone who might desperately want some dragon eggs might brave. So we spent a pleasant week laying dead-falls and other traps so the dragon's lair will be far more secure. I had a very enjoyable week and was almost sorry to leave. But the egg still beckons.

Entry 3 (Dragon egg found!):

My source was correct! I found the egg! It was nestled in the reeds on a riverbank not far from my dragon friend's lair! This was far closer to home than I expected to find it! I can't believe my luck. And while I've been gone for over a week, I'm really only a two day journey from home. With luck (and by avoiding that wretched hunting cabin), I'll have the egg safely home in no time!

Entry 4 (Sanctuary!):

My perfect little Velar hatched a few weeks after we made it home. With the help of my summer dragon friend, I was able to raise Velar safely in the valley. I hope that we can inspire others to go and find more eggs - and together we will one day be able to defeat the Mechard!


No comments:

Post a Comment