Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Search for the Egg, Part 1

Entry 1:

I've heard rumours of a water dragon nearby! While it pains me to leave my family and friends, I am excited to test myself and hopefully help secure our future through returning with the egg. I've got my provisions ready and will set off tomorrow after a goodbye meal with everyone.

Entry 2 (Six of Spades - The path you are meant to take is blocked by a landslide):

What rotten luck! The path I meant to take was blocked by a landslide! While our home valley was cleared of snow some weeks ago, I guess the mountain pass wasn't so fortunate: a storm seems to have caused a landslide of snow and rock. I had hoped to get farther today, but I had to backtrack nearly home in order to take the more northern path through the mountains. Hopefully I'll have better luck that way!

Entry 3 (7 of Hearts - The place you are staying at is raided by Mecharch soldiers while you sleep):

My rotten luck continued - I had holed up in an old hunter's cabin for the night. I thought it would have been a safe place to stay, but a band of Mecharch soldiers came seeking refuge there too during the middle of the night. Luckily I had the foresight to hide my dowsing gear under a loose floorboard I found or I would have been discovered for sure! Unfortunately, the soldiers demanded the rest of my provisions when they set off again this morning. I'll have to scrounge what I can and make my way back home as a failure. Hopefully I'll have better luck on my return trip than I had getting here.

No comments:

Post a Comment